We love to pamper our clients. And few things are as pampering as a nice relaxing manicure. And we want your manicure to look beautiful for as long as possible. Below are a few simple steps to help you maintain your manicure and keep it looking beautiful and salon fresh.
- Schedule regular manicures every 1-2 weeks.
- Wear gloves when working in the yard or when using harsh chemicals and when your hands are in water for extended periods of time.
- Moisturize your hands often.
- Massage cuticle oil into your cuticles daily.
- Apply clear polish every other day to help preserve your polish.
- Do not file nails back and forth – only file in one direction (from corner to center).
- Do not buff the surface of your nails.
- Do not bite or pick at your nails or cuticles.
- Do not attempt to glue or “fix” a split or cracked nail at home. Call immediately (or go online to book) for an appointment to have it repaired properly so as not to do further damage.
- Report any unusual reactions to your nail specialist immediately.
Following these simple steps will help maintain your manicure. The products used during your manicure (treatments and/or polish) will not last indefinitely. And there are some things that will cause it to break down even faster such as water, cleaning chemicals, working in the garden, etc. So be sure to protect your nails and hands.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me.