Certified Holistic Professional Aromatherapist (CHPA)
Tea Blender & Body Product Manufacturer
Herbal, Aromatherapy & Wellness Coach (since 1995)
30+ Years Experience as a Licensed Nail Tech (Licensed since 1989)
- Licensed as a Nail Tech in FL in 1989
- Worked with professional photographers in doing nails for hand models for 2 years (1990-1992)
- Owned Nail Salon in FL for 10 years
- Owned Nail Salon in NC for 6+ years
- I have studied & practiced herbal and aromatherapy consulting/coaching for 25+ years.
- Experience and education in the medical field
- Published in nail trade publications multiple times over the years
- Guest Blogger with NAILS Magazine
I went to Grand Finale Beauty School (was located in Tampa, FL) in 1989 and was licensed as a Nail Specialist in the same year. In my first two years out of school I provided nail enhancement services to several local hand models for their photo shoots.
In 1991 I opened my first nails only salon. While operating “Head to Toe” I was also manufacturing my own line of herbal bath and body products that were both used and retailed in the salon. “Head to Toe” was in business until 2001 when I closed the salon to pursue other career options in the medical field. In the late 90’s I went back to school and obtained a degree in Echocardiography and began more intensive study in herbal medicine (independent study of herbal medicine began in the early 90’s). After moving to NC and living in this beautiful state for several years I finally opened and operated a nail salon for 6+ years. Leaving the salon industry for a final time to persue tea blending and my herbal body product business.
In the 90s I also worked as an educator for a leading product manufacturer. During this time I taught classes on the following subjects in both beauty schools and salons: product knowledge, product application, proper use and care of an electric file, customer service, spa type natural nail services, retailing, and more. In addition, I also served as a demonstrator and instructor at many trade shows.
I have owned my own chocolate business from 2003-2008. We provided custom gourmet handmade chocolates that were made in our own private kitchen. Our specialties were custom promotional products for various businesses, truffles and wedding favors.
In addition to the beauty industry education and experience, I have worked professionally as an herbalist and Certified Aromatherapist with private practice inside a therapy clinic. I officially gained certification in Aromatherapy from JennScents Aromaversity (a NAHA Certified and NCBTMB & CE Broker approved aromatherapy certification). My medical experience ranges from med-tech (non-certified) in a private practice in the late 80’s, Associate degree from Sanford-Brown College and worked as a Cardiovascular Tech in the mid 90’s, Nurse Tech in a hospital general medicine floor in the early 2000’s.
- 2007 – NAILS Magazine published an article about me and my son’s chocolate business (The Chocolate Works & More). Each month the magazine features a nail tech in their “My Other Life” section…..May 2007 was the month they featured me with the chocolate business.
- 2007 – We’re in NAILS Magazine’s April issue. I was interviewed for an article that was published in the April issue. They featured photos of my treatment area. The article was about working with a Double Station.
- 2010 – Guest Blogger on NAILS Magazine’s Blog – Blueprint of a First Year. NAILS Magazine followed the progress of my salon, Tickled Pink Salon, during it’s first year.
- 2010 – NAILS Magazine – November Issue pg. 24
- 2010 – The Clayton News Star – local newspaper published an article about our salon.
- 2011 – NAILS Magazine January Issue. I wrote an article on “Networking to Grow Your Business” that was published in this issue. Also in this issue was mention of The Chocolate Works & More (my previous chocolate business).
- 2013 – NAILS Magazine January Issue – Article “A Fitting Occupation” is about my Bra Fit business that was incorporated into services offered at Tickled Pink Salon.
- 2013 – NAILS Magazine January Issue – Article I contributed to giving unique marketing ideas that I have used over the years to grow my business.
- There are many others but I have not had a chance to get them posted. Coming Soon!!
Personally, I live in the heart of North Carolina (Raleigh) with my husband and our fur & feather babies. I am mom to 4 amazing young men and 3 beautiful daughters-in-law. So far these wonderful humans of mine have given me 6 absolutely beautiful grands. My husband and I are very active in a local church. After serving as Children’s Pastor for many years, women’s ministry leader in past years, God has laid a heavy burden on my heart in the area of discipleship for new believers. I am also actively involved in teaching Creative Worship classes (Bible journaling). A few of my other hobbies include crocheting, stamping/papercrafting, epoxy crafts, and beading.